Friday, August 24, 2012

Dole Plantation layout

Here's another page for my Hawaii book:






I struggled a bit with this one because instead of using a recipe from one of the 'How To' books, I just copied the design from Studio J and estimated the sizes.  I also altered the design because I wanted to use larger photos.  That, and I was trying to conserve paper because I want to make a few more layouts with my Moon Doggie papers and I'm getting down to having only a few whole pieces left.  I'm sure I could make a layout with my scraps, but it's just easier to start with whole sheets.  Getting the bracket shapes adhered was a total pain!  I decided to leave off a title because there was enough going on and the photos contain their own titles.  Ever scrapbook your postcards?  As long as they aren't placed touching your photos, they are okay to add to your pages.    I've also strategically placed the sticker over the corner of the large photo, because in the photo is a trash can and it is distracting.  I couldn't crop it out when I printed because I wanted to keep as much of the Dole sign in the photo as I could.  When all else fails, slap a sticker on it!

Pattern: stole from Studio J
Papers & My Stickease:  Moon Doggie
Cardstock & Ink:  Indian Corn Blue, Desert Sand, Cocoa, Cranberry
Edge Anchors: Indian Corn Blue
Journal Spots: journey
Hemp: natural
Cricut: AP
Jolee's - pineapple
Eyelet - from my stash

I should have more to post after this weekend - I'm going to a crop tomorrow!
Thanks for stopping by....

No comments:

Post a Comment