Monday, August 13, 2012

Hawaii Museum Layout

So I just had to step away from the scanner and create something yesterday.  I'm so happy I finished another page for my Hawaii scrapbook!  Here it is:







This page came together quickly because what better papers are there to use for an Army-themed layout than Victory?  Really, the thing that took me the longest was editing my photos.  I'd printed the first bunch a long time ago, but they came out really dark.  So I tinkered with them and reprinted.  They're still dark, but that kind of comes with the territory of taking photos in a museum...

I'm getting better at planning out what is happening underneath my photos before I start adhering everything - usually I'm anxious to keep everything in place once I've decided on my design.  Only after the fact I think, 'that would've looked cool with something underneath'.  So this time I was sure to stamp on my B&T papers first and put the zip strip under my photo.

Supplies Used:
Design:  Magic Top Hat (Victory WOTG bonus project - you can get this pattern off my website at www.ctmh.com/dmhaight under Workshop on the Go project inspiration)
Papers & My Stickease:  Victory
Cardstock & Ink:  Chocolate, Olive, Desert Sand
My Acrylix:  Victory WOTG, Notice the Details
Cricut:  AP
Durables round antiqued gold
Dimensional Elements Stars
Mini Medley holiday

And here's another photo I have to share:
Because nothin's better than scrapbookin' with a puppy dog layin' at your feet!



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment