Monday, July 16, 2012

More Hiking in Hawaii

Yep, I got another layout finished!  Was a little waylaid by a computer glitch - hubby had to install a new hard drive before I could download my photos (it's so nice to have a hubby who knows how to do these things!) - here they are:







I'd planned at first to use a 5 x 7 photo on the left side, but I wasn't happy with the printing of that photo - the shadow on our faces was too dark.  So I used my PhotoMate to lighten the photos and print a 4 x 6 that I liked better.  I made a larger matte space and I think it turned out just fine.  Again, I had lots of photos that I wanted to include on this layout, so I used Flip Flaps.  I've propped it up for the purposes of photographing the page (it's hard to take photos after the layouts are in the page protectors, glossy surface/flash don't mix), and then I attached them on the outside of my page protector after putting the layout in my album.

Pattern:  Magic - Hat Trick
CTMH Supplies:  Papers & My Stickease - Back Country
Cardstock & Ink - Barn Red, Olive, Outdoor Denim, Desert Sand
Wood Buttons
Cricut - Life is a Beach, AP
Hemp - natural
Waxy Flax - Bamboo
Dimensional Elements - On Target, Persnickety
Flip Flaps
Rub Ons - All Out Adventure

My layouts seem to be coming together faster & easier lately, which is good because I'm determined to get my Hawaii photos finished in the next few weeks so I can start in on my next big project.  AND I want to spend some time with all of my new CTMH Autumn/Winter goodies!

Hopefully I'll find some more time this afternoon to work on my next layout.  I have to take my dog to the vet in a little while, he's got a strange lesion/absess on his lip and we need figure out what's going on there... Hopefully the little guy will be feeling better soon and then I can go back to working in my craft room.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment