Thursday, August 15, 2013

Scraps Scraps Scraps

So... I'd planned on posting sooner, but got waylaid with a massive migraine.  I'm finally back to the land of the living, though still not 100%.  I ran a few errands this morning and came home exhausted.  Haven't been to the gym for four whole days - anyone who knows me knows that if I skip out on going the gym, I must really be feeling bad.  Stupid migraines.

Anywhoo, I thought I'd post a few more photos of some cards I made using up my scraps.  My craft room workspace still looks pretty much the same as it did in the photo I posted earlier!  I'll be getting it organized in the next day or two so I can pack up for a crop I'm going to next weekend.

Here is one of my favorite designs.  These cards take only one strip of 1" x 8" double sided paper, and basic cardstock.  I've made tons of these star cards in a rainbow of colors.

 Lola with the new Rosewood mini medley - these are my favorite from the new Idea Book. 
 Thought I'd try mixing Lola with Chantilly.  Not sure if I like it, but I do like the greens in this one.  The teal flower in the center is one of our new Base & Bling accessories.  So pretty!
Chantilly with (retired) Lucy



 
This is (retired) La Belle Vie.  I'm hoarding this stuff to make a few home decor items for my craft room.   Had a few strips of paper leftover from a create & take project we did at a crop. (Will add a sentiment below the star later)

 
And another one with La Belle Vie.  So pretty!
And this last one is with (retired) Pemberley.  I made 16 of these cards to give to family members at the family reunion.  Inside I included a flash drive of hundreds of family photos that I'd scanned and organized.  I talked about that project a few posts back, I think I'm still recovering from that one!

I have a few more card designs to show you, and then I'll move on to some other projects I've completed over the last few weeks.

Next up for me:  Christmas Cards!  That's always a huge project for me every year, so the earlier I start, the better!

Just a quick note about the next crop:  it will be next Saturday 8/24 at Debbie's house.  Message me for details if you are interested in joining us.  Sara has requested that I teach/review the process of using the 'how to' designs so we'll make a card together using a design from either the Wishes or Originals book - I haven't decided yet.  And I've told anyone who has a tool and is wondering how to use it (I've heard things such as 'I can't remember why I bought this', etc),  feel free to bring it and I'll show you some techniques. 

Okay, I've rambled on long enough, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment