Friday, August 23, 2013

Note Pad Covers

So here is a project I have made multiples of:  Note Pad Covers.  I found the directions on another CTMH rep's blog:  annettescreativejourney.blogspot.com   She gives excellent instructions complete with photos, so I'm not going to reinvent the wheel, I'll just show you the ones I've made:
 
 These note pad covers are completely made from scratch, and when the note pad is empty, you can replace it with a fresh one.  This one is made with Laughing Lola and cardstock stamped with a background stamp.

 They make terrific Hostess Gifts!


 This one is made with Sarita papers.  I didn't have any navy blue metal corners, so I inked these with StayzOn.


 This one is made with Tommy.  Still figuring out how to do embellishment clusters!  I like the way this one turned out.



And Chantilly.  Should have 'grounded' my embellie cluster with a tag, they seem to disappear into the patterned paper.  Learning from my mistakes!

I made another one yesterday with Huntington but I haven't photographed it yet.  One comment I remember from Annette's post is 'once you make one of these you won't be able to stop' - so true!  They are lots of fun and can be assembled in about an hour.

Some tips:  Supplies are all CTMH except -
Sticky Canvas - I found this online, both Joann.com and Scrapbook.com carry it.
Scor Tape - Only Archiver's carries this stuff (in the Denver area, at least), I've also found it online thru Amazon.
12 x 12 chipboard - I found some nice medium weight chipboard thru Amazon.  A pack of 24 sheets was just under $10
Pentel pens can only be found at WalMart.
Tim Holtz metal corners - found just about everywhere!  I've also used corners from We R Memory Keepers Main Squeeze - I found them online thru Scrapbook.com  You don't need the tool to use the corners, just pound them down with a hammer just like the Holtz ones.

And make sure you have plenty of CTMH Bonding Memories glue and a bone folder!  I've also dedicated an older Fiskars paper cutter to cutting only heavy-weight stuff like chipboard and plastic paper as these mediums do a number on your cutting blades.

More ideas for note pads in my next post!  I think I'm addicted.  Hubby teases me about the quantity of notes I'm always writing, but I swear, if I don't write it down, it's as good as forgotten!

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment