Friday, August 9, 2013

My Scraps Drawer Runneth Over

So my latest project has been a bit of a cleaning/organizing project.  Whenever I am finished working on a project, my routine has been to scoop up all the leftover scraps into a drawer in my scrap room.  Then the idea is to go to this drawer when I need a certain color for a project FIRST before cutting into a fresh new piece of 12 x 12... That was the idea.  Until the scraps drawer became SO FULL that I couldn't find what I was looking for, and could barely close the darn thing. 

So my project for the last few days has been to make as much stuff from the scraps drawer as I can, and get the volume down to a manageable level.

Here is a photo of the drawer AFTER I've pulled out a bunch of stuff:
And it's all been moved over to my workspace here:
So here are a few cards and ideas I've come up with... Keep in mind that many of the papers I've been using are retired patterns, but I'm posting to give you design ideas for your own scraps.  These designs can be adapted to whatever papers you have been using...
 This one happens to be made with our new Laughing Lola papers - all you need are 8 qty 1 1/4" squares of patterned paper to make this cool quilted - pinwheel design.  I searched 'quilt cards' on You Tube and found a gazillion how-to videos.

Here is the design again, using retired papers.


 And this one uses 1/2" strips.  I don't know about you, but I always get these skinny cutaway strips leftover from projects, especially scrapbook pages.  Here is an idea of what to do with them.
And a smaller version of the same design, on a 3 x 3 card.

So, yes, there is a use for that scrap of pretty paper that you can't bring yourself to throw away!  Now my card stash has been replenished, and it feels good to purge that scraps drawer.  

More ideas to come soon!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment